Capture the Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monsoon Chasing

3 posters

Go down

Monsoon Chasing Empty Monsoon Chasing

Post  bmac87 Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:40 am

Well since Sean brought it up...

I have been doing a little bit of reading on how monsoon season works. It looks like the ideal conditions for monsoon season are 105F/55F. This allows for ample moisture and heating to allow for convection. There also looks to be a Skywarn spotter system set up out there as well. When I finally reach the area I will look into it.

So this goes to show you don't always need 60 Tds to get good storms. It looks as if I will most likely miss the 2009 season. Hopefully, I wont be in Iraq for the 2010 season. If you guys find anything interesting feel free to post it here. I know there is a very long Monsoon chasing thread on ST. I have been reading through bits and pieces at a time since it is like 50 pages.

bmac87

Back to top Go down

Monsoon Chasing Empty Re: Monsoon Chasing

Post  Sean Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:12 am

You might end up in Iraq? Well, at least forecasting there will be easy, "Tomorrow, and every day thereafter, ridiculously hot with a slight chance of bombings."

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  bmac87 Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:17 pm

yeah. you never know. it was more of a joke...

here is the link. susan strom seems to be dominating this thread and seems rather arrogant. but storm track wouldn't be storm track without arrogant pricks.

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17573

bmac87

Back to top Go down

Post  jrosson Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:07 pm

im actually anxious to see some pics of the monsoons so be sure to post some pics .....

the first weekend you vacation or go on a weekend excursion be sure you dont leave the camera.

jrosson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down