Capture the Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6/18/09 IL/IN/OH

3 posters

Go down

6/18/09 IL/IN/OH Empty 6/18/09 IL/IN/OH

Post  bmac87 Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:24 pm

There is a tornado watch to my west out in north central Indiana. Given the large amount of chasing and drinking we have done in the past few weeks the wallet does not warrant a chase today. However, I have been watching a few runs of the high res models and it seems that the main wave associated with the cold front won't make its way to the cleveland area until tomorrow morning or real late tonight. However, the HRRR, 4km WRF, and RUC all break out some sort of convective precip either on top of me or to my north east around 8PM EDT. If the lighting permits, I may wonder off to shoot lightning as dark begins to settle. I am not of fan of actually chasing in Ohio as there are a lot of hills, trees, and metros in the state. I am hoping some sort of MCS sets up over the lake to get some lightning shots and/or waterspouts over the lake. I will post pictures later if I go out. But all in all, it looks like the tornado potential is relatively weak and derecho chasing may commence in a little while.

bmac87

Back to top Go down

6/18/09 IL/IN/OH Empty Re: 6/18/09 IL/IN/OH

Post  Sean Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:10 am

And it begins. We are going to start seeing chase threads for monsoon season chasing in Arizona/New Mexico here before too long.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  bmac87 Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:05 pm

well the MCS didnt come through until well after midnight. chose not to go out as most of the lightning looked to be embedded in the rain.

bmac87

Back to top Go down

Post  jrosson Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:11 pm

WEAK.... EXCUSES, EXCUSES nah just joking that storm the other day i was really lucky not only was the lightning just wild I was literally in the dry the whole night ..... I dont think i got a drop.....

the rain is the hardest element to fight when shooting lightning... I wish i could make a legit covering for a camera without it being a lightning probe..... so if any of you think or something .... let me know... i would try anything....

jrosson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum