Capture the Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camera Lenses

4 posters

Go down

Camera Lenses Empty Camera Lenses

Post  bmac87 Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Do you all know of anyone else that shoots with the 17-40mm L series lens besides Jeremiah? I would like to see some other examples before I make my purchase...

bmac87

Back to top Go down

Camera Lenses Empty Re: Camera Lenses

Post  Sam Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:36 pm

hollingshead.....http://www.extremeinstability.com/index.htm

that should be good enough to convince you

Sam
Admin

http://www.capturethestorm.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 pm

One thing to remember is that the 17-40L is not a EF-S lens. It is made for a full frame camera and not a 1.6 crop like ours. You will not get much more field of view with this lens. If you want a wide angle and have a crop camera like us get the 10-22mm like Sean.

Brian

Back to top Go down

Post  bmac87 Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:07 pm

bought it... should be here on wednesday. I also got a new tripod to...

bmac87

Back to top Go down

Camera Lenses Empty 77mm lens filter...

Post  jrosson Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Brandon i am sure that you did but if not you need to get a lens filter on that glass... i meant to tell you that i use the regular UV and i havent noticed any distortion or whatever you wanna call it . i know some forums say filters mess with the pictures quality. I also spoke with a couiple of people in different professional photography sectors and they say they have used up to three different filters at once before noticing any kind of distortion or issues....

Well see you guys tomorrow most likely!

jrosson

Back to top Go down

Post  jrosson Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Just been doing some reading thought you guys might be interested.... As i get more and more into the photography aspect and getting "a business" that actually makes money I came across a nice canon lens that is super sharp and super fast.... and best yet.... its super cheap....

It is the canon 50 mm f/1.8
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-50mm-f-1.8-II-Lens-Review.aspx

heres a link to go out and see a few sample images and then there is a link to b&h WHICH CURRENTLY HAS IT FOR RIGHT AROUND 90$
I am definitely going to add this one soon, and while you lose the wide angle capabilities the f stop going to 1.8 might find itself useful for you guys..... I dunno maybe not just thought you might like the read....

jrosson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down