Capture the Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VORTEX 2 Project

3 posters

Go down

VORTEX 2 Project Empty VORTEX 2 Project

Post  bmac87 Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:11 pm

I talked to my commander today. It seems promising/possible that my EAD date be after 15 Jun 09.

So what are my chances of actually getting on the 2nd shift? I'll be sending Lou an e-mail here shortly.

bmac87

Back to top Go down

VORTEX 2 Project Empty Re: VORTEX 2 Project

Post  Sam Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm not sure. I sent him an e-mail but haven't heard back yet though. He is real busy though with all the project crap so it might be a while before he replies. If not, then you'll at least be here for a full season this year.

.....sean has been on the phone with verizon now going on 1 hr 8 minutes ......

Sam
Admin

http://www.capturethestorm.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bmac87 Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Nice countdown... I sent the e-mail. We'll see what happens.

bmac87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:34 pm

I spoke with Lou today regarding some issues for the project. I haven't heard anything either way about you guys being in the project or not. Keep in mind he is a very busy man, so don't take it personally if you don't get a response back from him right away. If you run into him in the hall, you might causally ask him when you might find out one way or the other. Just don't press it too much.

Oh, and Verizon is retarded. They apparently can't order shit over the phone right now due to some retarded computer error, so the sales rep is calling me back sometime to let me know when I can order it.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  bmac87 Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 am

OK. My EAD is 20 Jul 09. I got an extension from HQ. Come on NW flow events!

bmac87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:36 am

Awesome. i think this will be your best chase year by far!

Sam
Admin

http://www.capturethestorm.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bmac87 Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Sean, we just got an e-mail from Lou. It seems there are a lot of other opportunities to not be in the field, i.e. not driving. Hook us up bro...

bmac87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 pm

I got the email as well, I was bcc'd on it. To be quite honest I have no idea what those postitions are. I have an idea, maybe deploying some sticknets or Tornado-POD's if those are even still being used. To be honest, I would much rather be driving than deploying things. You'll probably get to see more action if you're in a MM. Granted, some of that action will probably be rain and large hail, but if you're deploying things you may not even get to see the main part of the storm. Plus, you'll be cotinuously going back to collect things and doing a lot of other running around. It's your choice, but I'd go with the MM's. You can talk to Lou about it during the meeting that you set up with him. I'll ask him about it if I run into him sometime. And I defiantely wouldn't want to stick around in the HWT and forecast. You'd be stuck there, in the NWC, looking at the storm on radar and knowing that you could have been there to see it. That would suck royally. Kenneth will probably find out and start sleeping in their too.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down